Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Baby #5

We are so excited to be expecting baby #5! 

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." (Psalm 127:3-5 ESV)

We found out we were expecting again on Caleb's first birthday! I was about 5 weeks along at the time and was actually pretty surprised! Caleb was still nursing every 3-4 hours at the time and I thought at first that I would just let him wean when he was ready but at about 6 weeks pregnant I began to feel some of the effects of nursing while pregnant and with my history I didn't want to risk anything. So over the next week he weaned without a problem and was fully weaned by the time I was 7 weeks pregnant.  He was over a year old anyway and was eating everything we ate and taking a straw cup with all of his meals so the timing was really perfect! 

This ultrasound was taken at my first appointment around 9 weeks. The baby looked great and the heartbeat was strong in the 170's. I have another ultrasound with my perinatologist on Friday and I will be almost 13 weeks. So far everything has been very normal! I have been tired and nauseous and dizzy the past few months but that's my normal for the first trimester and this week (12 weeks) I feel like I am getting some of my energy back! I've been able to get some cleaning and organizing done that I had not the energy to do the last few months which is exciting! 


The kids are so excited about having another sibling. Madison actually asked me if I was pregnant before I even knew that I was and then numerous times after we found out but before we told the kids (which was from 5 weeks to 9 weeks) she said she thought there was a baby in my tummy.  Hunter and Madison said they both think we are having a boy and Audrey said she thinks it's a girl. Of course we will be thrilled with either! We are just overjoyed that God has chosen to give us another precious child. 

For His Glory and for our JOY! 



1 comment:

Brittnie said...

So happy for you guys. Praying for health for both of you!