Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hunter is 7!


I can't believe you are 7 years old today. Oh how time flies. Hunter you have so much depth to you.  You are thoughtful, kind, trustworthy and helpful. You are our kid that tells it like it is (sometimes inappropriately), and calls it like you see it. You're a realist, a born leader and have an inventive mind, never settling for regular, always looking for ways to recreate or invent a new or better way.

You are my snuggler and you have a huge heart. You have a thick outer shell but once it's cracked you are complete mushy goodness inside. You are a fierce protector (we call you the fire marshal or safety patrol), and you have some hilarious quirks about you. Jordan and I had no idea what we were doing when we brought you home from the hospital. We had no idea the huge responsibly we were embarking on and the amount of love God had created in us. What an honor and a privilege it has been to be your mom for 7 years. You're our first arrow! We love you more than you will ever know and we are so proud of the man you are becoming.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. (Psalm 127:3-5 ESV)

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. (1 Samuel 1:27 ESV)

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:14 ESV)

No comments: