Monday, September 22, 2014

To everything, there is a season.


To everything, there is a season.  A time for every purpose under heaven.  Ecc. 3
I find myself blissfully anticipating the arrival of fall. It's here today and It’s my favorite. Because of the life we have led up to this point, the football life, fall reminds me of lots of visitors through our revolving front door of "hotel Black". Fall brings comfort foods, football playing in the background, road trips, leaves changing, cool air arriving, and pumpkin-based dishes permeating the house.  My soul thrives in autumn because most of my adult life this has been the time of excitement, adventure and lots and lots of family.
And then, there’s life seasons.  None of which are as predictable.
I’ve been quiet here, on the blog.
Because, I’ve been “loud” somewhere else.
If you follow this blog, I just have to apologize. Instagram and Facebook helped me document many of the days I’ve been too tired to blog about.  At 9pm, I’m telling ya, I’ve got nothin.  For the mama’s out there who cook and wash and drive and bathe and teach and dig and slide and swing and shop and date and play and rock and live to blog about it five times a week, you’re my hero.
When I think about what’s different today than perhaps a year ago, I realize, my house is full, full of good things all day long and when those good things rest it's in my best interest to do the same. By the end of the day I crawl into bed and seek out mindless activity, or books. 
Seasons.  This is where I am.

1 comment:

heather said...

Fall refuels me as well! Loved this blog! So true. Love watching you in this season! Even it's from afar. God is using you in mighty ways, and those sweet little ones are blessed to have one amazing momma!