Monday, June 2, 2014

2 months old

Caleb what a sweet baby boy you are. 

You are the perfect addition to our family. 

You are so loved and never lacking for attention! You love to be held, especially by me. I wear you most of the day and you basically rotate sleeping and eating all day long. 

Around 3-4 weeks old you became colicky due to gastrointestinal issues (or at least that seemed to be the culprit). Your days were mostly normal but in the late afternoon/evenings you began to be increasingly uncomfortable until you could do nothing to ease the pain. You would scream/cry and arch your back and be awake and screaming/crying from about 4-5pm until about 11pm. 

During this time there wasn't much we could do to calm you. I could calm you from a scream to a cry by nursing, bouncing and walking you around the house (usually in the Ktan). 

This lasted almost every night for about 5 weeks or so and is starting to come with much less frequency (a few nights a week).
 I have a feeling you will outgrow it by your 3rd month of life.

 Despite your discomfort in the evenings you are the easiest baby the other hours of the day. 

You love to be held and nursed and rocked and you sleep like a champ. 

You sleep around 8 hours straight at night (usually 10:30pm-6:30am). You take great naps during the day and you eat about every 2-2.5 hours except during your big afternoon nap and of course during the night you sleep straight through without feedings. 

You enjoy being near the action. 

You love to be right next to me. 


You give us sleepy smiles

You love being outside and actually the few days you had daytime colic you seemed to calm a bit when I took you outside. 

You LOVE naps on daddy's chest. 

And you love to sleep on my bed








I spend most of my days wearing you in the Ktan. It's your little ca-coon. 



You went to the movies with Hunter and me for a little date, and slept through the whole movie.

Daddy even took some turns wearing you during your colicky evenings. 




You take great outside naps too






You and I have spent many hours in this chair nursing, or just snuggling after the rest of the house is asleep. 


You are such a sweet boy and we can't thank God enough for the blessing that you are to our family. I am soaking up every sweet day I get with you and love you more than you will ever know! 

No comments: