Sunday, April 6, 2014

Papa and Vivi

Papa and Vivi were the first family members to make it to town after learning I was in labor with Caleb. They were only 1.5 hours away in Round top, Texas so they drove over as soon as they heard the news and relieved Dana and Sheila of their duties (taking care of our older 3 kids) while I was delivering. 

Vivi spent from Wednesday night (the night I delivered) until Sunday night (tonight) at our house taking care of the 3 older kids while I was in the hospital. Jordan still had to work some so he wasn't able to be home full time during the day so Vivian being there was a huge help to us! It also allowed Jordan the time to come up and visit me and Caleb in the hospital for a few hours in the evenings after the big kids were in bed. The kids loved having their Vivi there to love on them. Papa had to work in Canton that weekend, since it was first Monday, so he left early Thursday morning and came back Sunday night to pick up Vivi and meet Caleb. 

I don't have many pictures of the days Vivi spent with the kids since I was in the hospital but I know they had a blast with her and it was such a blessing to have her stand in for me while I couldn't be there. The kids didn't miss a beat and felt loved on and cared for while I was away which was such a blessing!





Today, before she left, she cooked a big lunch for everyone because most of my family was coming in town to meet Caleb and we were going to do his newborn photo shoot with Meagan. She made a wonderful roast, potatoes and carrots and 2 pies! It was so nice to have her there taking care of everything so we could focus on getting Caleb's pictures taken in the small window of time we had.





Papa came back into town today (from Canton) and got to meet Caleb for the first time before they had to head back to Dallas. 

We were sad to see her go when she left today. The only thing keeping the kids from crying was the fact that Nana literally walked in the door as Papa and Vivi were saying their goodbyes to head back to Dallas. We LOVE it when they come to visit. The kids always are so sad to see them go. It's never long enough! 

No comments: