Saturday, December 14, 2013

Papa Martin

This past week my papa Martin (my mom's dad) went home to be with the Lord. He lived a good good life that has impacted many generations to come and has found VICTORY in Jesus. The angels are rejoicing and I know my Papa is finally HOME.

"Well done my good and faithful servant, well done"

We love you Papa




My mom posted this the day he passed...
On November 27, the day before Thanksgiving, my dad fell in the shower, resulting in a compression fracture on his L2 vertebrae. Over the course of ten days, beginning with 11 hours in ER, he was moved to 7 different rooms, back and forth between ICU and a regular room and their Rehab facility, as they searched for the appropriate level of care to meet the complications each new day brought. His family rotated time with him so that he was never alone and we can attest to the excellent care he received in the Baylor system. However, with only 20% of his heart functioning, he could not fight the pneumonia that attacked his body yesterday. In his final days, His last move was to hospice, where we all gathered around him, praying, whispering words of love and reminding him that he has fought the good fight, he has finished the race, and he has kept the faith.
Precious memories. How they linger. How they ever flood my soul. In the stillness of the midnight, precious sacred scenes unfold.




No comments: