Thursday, July 5, 2012

This and That

I love my babies! They are all so snuggly, especially in the morning.  We took this picture this morning. I was having my cup of coffee and snuggling Audrey after she ate. Hunter asked to join in on the snuggles and of course Maddie followed the crowd. Madison has become quite the snuggler since Audrey was born. She's right up there with her big brother now. I love it. They are just the best!

Jordan gave me the day off the other day. He is so great. He always takes the initiative to give me a break when he can tell I need one, and even when I don't! Audrey had a few nights in a row of waking more than normal and then starting her day WAY too early. After a few nights in a row I was just running on fumes. This particular morning he got up, saw me, and sent me back to bed (I took a 2 hour nap). When I woke I fed Audrey and he told me I have 2 options. Either he takes all the kids out of the house and gives me a quiet house OR I need to leave and get some time out of the house.... just me. I took option number 2 :) I walked around some stores aimlessly and enjoyed the slower pace and the peace and quiet for a few hours. No agenda and in complete solitude. It was JUST what I needed for a re-charge. I came back refreshed and ready to go again and it has been a FABULOUS week ever since! He's so good. God blessed me with THE perfect partner for me.

When I returned the kids where dressed in a way only daddy can do. I love when I leave him in charge. I always come home to some sort of entertainment. The kids had been swimming and when they came inside he just put them in whatever he could find for them to wear without going upstairs to their closets. Both were wearing his socks. Maddie was wearing Hunter's undies and no pants. Greatness.

One of my favorite things to do is take the kids out with me one at a time. With 3 kids they don't get a lot of one on one time with me at home. When I need to run an errand, and Jordan is home, I will often take a kid or 2 with me. Special outings with mommy usually end up with some sort of treat. I remember growing up when I would go places with my mom she ALWAYS stopped and got us drinks before going wherever we were headed. Dad always got us slurpies or icecream. To this day when I have errands to run one of the first things I do is stop and get myself a drink!

Last Saturday Maddie was the first kiddo to wake up. Hunter, Audrey and daddy all slept in past 8. SO Maddie and I made an early morning trip (7:30am) to home depot to get more paint (we are doing a lot of home improvement projects right now...more on that later). She is so fun to hang out with ESPECIALLY one on one. She is such a little ham! We stopped and got a coffee for me at Starbucks and cake pop for her. Breakfast of champions.

Peek a boo!
 Pretty girl

Hunter has been all about picking his own outfits lately. I embrace his new found independence. The other day he called down that he needed help getting his shorts on...odd...he's been dressing himself for years. He came over to me frustrated that he couldn't seem to get them on right.

Uh...YEAH dude... that's because it's a SHIRT! HAHA. I laughed at him as I told him and he said "yeah I was just kiddin mom"....what he says when he realizes he's made a mistake. He's so precious.
Last week I told the kids to get dressed because we were going on a walk. This is what we ended up with. I applaud Hunter's attempt at matching. Maddie however will NEVER be leaving the house like this.

Maddie is totally potty trained and has been since the day SHE decided to do it. She has a potty outside (Hunter has a bush) for when they are swimming or playing in the sand box so she doesn't track water or sand in the house.

She and Nolan (who potty trained the same week) often fight over who gets to use the potty. They come over to swim at least once a week. So I brought a potty out for each of them. They will laugh at this one day. Especially Nolan on the pink princess potty!

Hunter went on a special date with me after the week we potty trained Madison. He needed some undivided attention from me. My time had been 100% focused on Maddie's little booty the whole week and feeding Audrey that I felt like he was totally neglected. He is SUCH a trooper though.

We went and got ice cream and went to the "castle park" and fed the ducks. He's so fun to hang out with. He has so much to say! Sometimes Hunter will say something and I just look at him and can almost put myself 15 years in the future looking at him as a man and picturing the 4yo little version of him and the adorable things used to say. It's like those commercials where they are talking to their teenager but in their heads they see them as a 4 year old. I am so there mentally. It makes me want to press pause on life and just take video of every adorable moment because I'm gonna blink and they will be grown and gone! These are some of life's most precious moments.
 Castle park

Hunter and Madison play so well together. Lately they have been doing a lot of pretend play. Their favorite (overheard from the playroom) is bed time. They take turns putting each other to bed. They follow the routine EXACTLY as we do it. It's almost scary how well they do it to each other. They even say their prayers and I can hear them saying exactly the things I say to them as they put each other down for bed. It's so cute to hear. They also really like to play Tea or Coffee. They pour each other coffee and sit and drink it and talk. It seems they have been watching me a LOT more closely than I thought. Thankfully the things they have decided to mimic aren't negative!

They both love to swim and are little fish in the water now. They are independent swimmers and LOVE to run across the yard and jump in the pool. They are working on diving and the crawl stroke in swim lessons right now. Hunter treads water very well and floats on his back too. Madison swims mostly under water she hasn't learned to come up for air and go back down again so when she swims she gets from point A to B totally under water. Hunter can go all over because he takes breaths along the way.

They are total opposites in personality but get along so great. Hunter is a perfectionist, he likes things how he likes them and he is set in his ways. He is more cautious and has sensitive side to him. He is also our more strong willed child, if there is a point to be argued he will find it and wear it out. Madison is the dare devil and is very spunky but is a very easy going child that will do what you say without question. They both are so obedient though with hearts of pure gold, which is by the grace of God. We are very blessed to have such good good kiddos. They genuinely want to do good. They want to be helpers and they ADORE their baby sister. I can't wait to see what dynamic Audrey will bring to the group. She can do no wrong in Hunter's eyes. I can see them being great friends because of the 4 year spread between them. Madison on the other hand may be a little threatened when Audrey starts in on the fun. But who knows, they may surprise me. It's fun to day dream about the future but for now I am loving THIS moment. They are all so precious. We are very blessed.

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

When I leave the house, I also wander around stores aimlessly. It is weirdly therapeutic, even if I don't buy anything. Just being in the land of living energizes me!

AND I always stop for a drink, too! Well, I used to. Where we live now doesn't have anywhere very close that has good drinks....but in KC, I always stopped at QT for a drink before errands and definitely road trips!!