Tuesday, May 15, 2012

6 weeks old

Audrey is 6 weeks old today. I had my postpartum checkup this morning and I am continually amazed at how much easier the recovery gets each time. Hunter was definitely the most difficult to recover from physically and it has gotten easier and easier each time. I feel great and despite getting up to feed in the middle of the night I am getting so much more sleep than I did when I was pregnant so I can't complain. Most nights I enjoy our special time together especially because the whole house is completely quiet and it's just me and Audrey and I can hear her sweet little noises.

Audrey is just a joy. She is so sweet and easy. She fits right in to our family just perfectly. Despite a few days of growth spurts (where she only took 30 minute breaks from eating), the past 6 weeks have been pretty easy and predictable. Her days rotate around 3 hour feeds except most afternoons she moves to every 2 hours for feeds. Then at night she is up to a 5-6 hour stretch between feeds. She goes down by 7pm and up at 10/11pm to eat a bottle from Jordan and then back down until 3:30-4:30am then up for the day at 7am. She is up to about 10 pounds 4 ounces!

Around the one month mark she started really smiling at us and looking at us...tracking us as we move across the room. It is really neat to look at her and have her look at us with something behind those eyes...like she really sees us! I know it just gets better and better!
 I love all the different looks :)

Her reflux is better now that she is on meds but it has slowed her poops down. She is a lot more gassy and only goes about once a week now and I termed it "poop day" because she goes all day long on that day. She seems a bit uncomfortable as a result of things being slowed down but no where near the discomfort of reflux so I guess it's a trade off. She is down to about 30 minutes for nursing. I don't have to work to keep her awake like I had been the first 4-5 weeks so that's much better! She is growing so much. She has little chubby cheeks now. She is in size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothes and sleepers.

 


Audrey went with me to get my hair done the other day. She was a big hit at the salon :)

 Big brother and sister are still obsessed with her. They genuinely love her to pieces. 


People ask me almost every day how the transition is going. So far the transition from 2 to 3 has been seamless. It helps that Jordan is very hands on when he is home, especially with the older 2. He will often take them for outings to burn off energy and give me and Audrey the quiet house to rest. It's then that I marvel at how easy one infant is. I thought it was so tough when I had Hunter and I still think that was by far the toughest transition...going from no kids to one kid. I remember being so tired all the time back then and I think back now and wonder what did I do all day while he slept?! Why wasn't I sleeping?! I had so much extra time compared to now. It's all relative I suppose. I am so used to having them all now that I don't know what do to with myself when it's just me and Audrey or even when it's just me, Madison and Audrey. I am counting my blessings because I cannot imagine or remember life without these precious kiddos! There is never a dull moment and I just love them all to pieces!

2 comments:

Simpsons said...

I loved reading this! You know that I would love to have another baby, but I just worry that I won't have enough time or energy and I wonder how your mom, my mom, and you do it! I will look forward to reading your posts in the months to come and who knows what time will bring for us! Miss you and I can't wait to meet that little angel!

Ashley Locke said...

Yay!! You're the best mommy! It's so funny looking at those pictures, there's one where I thought "Wow she looks just like Jordan." Then another I saw a lot of Hunter. There's a little bit of all of you in her I think!! :)