Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Just a little update

Just a little update so as not to leave it hanging. I had another cervix recheck today and it wasn't so good. It's continuing to weaken and shorten. Now down to 2.2cm and still funneling. The perinatologist wasn't too thrilled with the changes especially since I've been on bed rest and had an uneventful week contraction wise. I think we had all hoped that it would chill out and hold stable. She decided to also manually check it and it was still closed but softening...so it is actively changing. SO basically that means I am likely down for the count. She was feeling confident that I could make it at least another 4 weeks (which would get us to 28 weeks) given that I am not really having preterm labor right now and am showing no signs threatening immediate delivery. If I continue to move in the direction and speed I am then we could be looking at a 28 weeker but we are PRAYING to make it much much longer than that. Prayers would definitely be appreciated. I am still feeling confident that we will make it to a further point but admittedly disappointed that things are still changing in a less than desirable direction. BUT all that being said I have SO much to be thankful for. I am in much better shape now than I was a week ago. Audrey is viable, has a round of steroids in her, and is 100% healthy. I have a great support system AND I am 24 weeks and STILL pregnant. Every day counts. Praise God.

P.S. I also found out today that the little stinker is a thumb sucker. She was going after it today during the ultrasound...same hand as her big sis :) it was pretty cute though I will admit!

3 comments:

BrookeMahan said...

So sorry to hear this but glad you are not having painful contractions right now. We will keep you in our prayers that she will stay in there for much longer! xx

Sara said...

I have been a reader of your blog since you were pregnant with Hunter. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you - Audrey, stay put sweet girl! Every single day in counts!

Devion said...

Oh my goodness, Ashlie! I had no idea! I, of course, knew about your troubles with the other two, but had been on your blog for so long that I didn't know things were hairy this go round. LOTS of prayers for you guys! Miss Audrey, you hold on tight! :) I will keep a better watch on your blog now to keep updated on how you're doing. PRAYERS!!!