Saturday, December 31, 2011

Name

It occurred to me, as I was updating from the hospital the other day, that I never officially announced (on here at least) that we are naming baby girl Audrey Ann. Jordan actually picked the name. We had agreed on a different name for a girl before we found out we were actually having a girl (although we both thought this one would be a girl from the start). When we found out the sex of the baby Jordan said he wanted to keep thinking on names. One Sunday he randomly said how about Audrey? I loved it! I also loved that he came up with it on his own and that it is not as widely used right now as some of the other names we were thinking about. We came to the middle name Ann because that is my mom's middle name (or it was before she got married). As you may remember Madison Lee is named after Jordan's mom's middle name. A friend of mine, Sarah, texted me today and told me she saw in her baby name book that the spiritual connotation for Audrey is "overcomer of difficulties". How fitting. We can't wait to meet you baby girl!

2 comments:

Simpsons said...

So first of all...oh my gosh! I didn't know you were having issues with this pregnancy and I am so happy to hear that you are NOT in the hospital right now. I hope you will take the doctor's orders and take it easy! Next...I love the name Audrey! I can't wait to see you again and I will definitely be travelling to Houston to see that baby girl when she arrives! Love you and miss you!

AmandaWalker said...

So glad you're at home now. Praying for you and sweet Audrey. Let me know if you need anything.