Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Praise God!

After my appointment last week and having started progesterone I had a pretty long week of contractions that worsened through the weekend. Jordan was out of town on a hunting trip and when he got back Sunday night they were so bad I was considering going in to L&D to have them stopped. He was suppose to give my my 2nd progesterone shot the next day but after seeing how bad they were getting he talked me into letting him give me the shot a day early. Thankfully they stopped shortly after! We have prayed all week that I would get a good report at my ultrasound re-check this week because we knew that if I didn't it would mean either a cerclage or complete bedrest. With the amount of contractions I was still having we knew a cerclage wasn't going to be an option. I was starting to get really nervous about the appointment because it was a really bad week with contractions and I thought there is no way my cervix can withstand this.

After many many prayers from loving family and friends I went to my appointment this morning to find that my cervix went right back to normal! It's right where it should be. What an amazing answer to prayer. My OB wrote a prescription for Nifedipine to carry with me if or when the contractions get out of control again and she told me to come back every 2 weeks for a re-check to make sure it stays put. I cannot tell you what a sense of relief this is. God is so good and He always gives me exactly what I need. He has carried me through each pregnancy and I have faith that He will continue to do that with this one.

Because of my good report I am able to travel to Dallas for Thanksgiving and spend the week with family. How exciting! I go back in 2 weeks for my anatomy ultrasound so prayers would be appreciated that it goes well and baby girl is healthy as can be!

4 comments:

Brittnie said...

Such an answer to prayer!! So thankful. Have a great time with your family.

The Crazy Castros said...

Hello it's Helen from LBS I wrote ur # wrong so I left a long message about not to get a cerclage to an old lady :( sorry I've been working but I'll be there this Tuesday! SOOOO happy all is well GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

The Crazy Castros said...

It's Helen again can u email me ur email address I'm having a Scentsy/ Stella&Dot party at my friends Dawn's house in Sienna on Dec 9th hope u can join us;)
The evite will say Maria Castro (first name ) long story HA!
Thx
chloec@peoplepc.com

Emily Tenner said...

Thank you, Lord for answered prayers!!!!! Great news!