Monday, May 2, 2011

Holly's baby shower

Yesterday my very generous husband let me take off for the day to Longview, Tx for a friend's baby shower while he stayed back and held down the fort and played with the kids all day. They had fun building forts and playing outside with daddy all day....he's such a keeper!

I enjoyed having the day to myself! I left at 8:00am and planned on it taking about 4.5 hours to get to get there. I drove straight through (it's amazing how much faster road trips are without kids!) and it only took 3 hours and 15 minutes. I was a TAD early! So I hit up the local Harley Davidson shop for a souvenir t-shirt for Jordan (something I always do when I travel without him) and perused the local Target while I waited for Patrick and Holly to get out of church.

Afterwards I headed over to their house for lunch. This was my first time to see their house since they moved there 3 years ago. It was so good to see them and see their beautiful home and meet their wonderful friends from church. Holly is 31 weeks pregnant with Landrie Kate and is having a smooth and healthy pregnancy, Praise God! After lunch we headed over to the church for the shower.
Holly with the grandma's

Meaghan and Lori also drove in for the shower. Meaghan came from Kansas City and Lori from Tulsa. We all know each other from our Kansas city days so it's always so good to be able to get back together again!
Sweet Olivia came with Meaghan and she has changed so much in just 3 weeks, since I last saw her.

After the shower I headed back to Houston and made it just in time to tuck the kids into bed. What a great day!

No comments: