Happy first birthday to our sweet baby girl! I can't believe how fast this year went by. What a joy she has been. We love her more and more each passing day and cannot imagine our lives without her. Words cannot express the happiness that our children bring us each day.
We celebrated her birthday a few weeks early while we were in Dallas. My sister was our photographer for the party and then afterwards she did a cake smash session with just Madison.
We had the party in Papa and Vivi's back yard. The weather was perfect for a cookout and Easter egg hunt.
Maddie loved the cake
The kids each took home an Easter basket full of eggs and their own personalized water bottles
The next day Meagan did her cake smash in Nana and Pop's front yard
Love this girl to pieces!
She had just as much fun in the cleanup as she did the cake smash
At one year Madison is 19.11 pounds (23%), 31 inches long (93%) and 17.64 inch head circumference (39%). She wears 12-18 month clothes and size 4/5 diapers. She has 8 teeth and she is about to be cutting her molars which are all big and puffy and ready to cut at any time. She sleeps 12 hours a night 7p-7a and take 2 naps a day roughly at 9am and 1pm for about 1.5-2 hours each.
Nicknames: Maddie, Maddie Moo, MadiLee, Mad (hunter is the only one who calls her Mad which is cute), cutie patootie, baby girl, stinker, and booger (Jordan calls he this and says all the time that he needs to stop but then forgets)
Highlights of month 11:
- She runs to get places. Not a full on sprint but definitely a jog
- She knows how to go down stairs properly and get off furniture safely
- She knows how to throw and catch a ball
- She dances and actually has pretty good rhythm
- She gives kisses and hugs on demand
- She can locate her belly button and tongue on demand
- She can follow simple commands like give the ball to daddy, give mommy the phone
- She eats all table foods. Some favorites this month are fried rice, waffles, peanut butter and jelly Jammy Sammy's, oranges, apples, blueberries, bananas, yogurt, raspberries, and melon of any kind. Really she eats anything we put in front of her. She is a fabulous eater.
- She is starting to become more sensitive and has more opinions about what she wants to do. She is definitely my low maintnance kid but she is not laid back at this stage. She has opinions and asserts them! She hates it when we shut doors, drawers or cabinets. She cries when we leave the room, She cries if Hunter takes a toy away from her. She tries to throw little mini fits if she doesn't get her way but she is very responsive to the word no and 9/10 will stop immediately if she is doing something she shouldn't. When she wants something she says "eh eh eh" and points to it kind of in a whiney way.
- poo poo
- Yeah (which is what she says when she is super excited) comes out yeah yeah!!!
- unrolling toilet paper, pulling things out of drawers, eating paper, a ball of any kind, milk in her sippy, praise baby, being outside, climbing on and off things (mainly the couch and chairs), going up and down stairs, other babies/kids, eating small particles off the floor, throwing her food and sippy cup on the floor during meals 1,000 times per day. She is fascinated with the toilet. We have to keep bathroom SHUT at all times or she will be diggin in the nasty toilet water. Cuddling after naps while drinking milk and getting scratched, she loves being tickled and rough housing on the bed, she LOVES to tackle. She will tackle anyone at any time you must be on high alert around this girl. She loves to swing at the park and chase Hunter and grab on to him from behind and try to keep up with him while he runs off. She loves to make sound effects when playing with Hunter's cars she will make a zoom sound. She loves playing peek a boo. All we have to do is say where's Maddie? And she will slap her hands up to her face (or head) and smile, pause for a second and then throw her arms down in anticipation of us saying PEEK A BOO! She loves her lovie and will grab it and lay on the floor sucking her thumb when she is tired. She loves to be in MOTION. She cannot be still.....I repeat SHE CANNOT BE STILL. It is comical how IN MOTION she is at all times. Jordan and I make bets on who can get her to stay in one place for longer than a second without moving. She loves to take baths and to swim and she loves to dunk her own head under water. She is a comedian. She knows how to make people laugh and she loves to do it. When she does something funny she will kind of chuckle while everyone else is laughing hysterically and then with a real serious face she will do it again to get more laughs. She can make Hunter laugh harder than anyone. They have such a special bond that just warms my heart to see them interact with one another. Her favorite part of the day is going to get Hunter when he wakes up. She wakes up a few minutes before him everyday so we go in together to get Hunter and she squeals and flaps her arms in excitement when we reach the outside of his door. She gets on his bed and tackles him and giggles and snuggles up next to him while he wakes up. It is THE ABSOLUTE SWEETEST thing EVER. Those are some of the most precious moments of my day.
We love you baby girl. You have brought so much joy and laughter to our family. I wake up each day with anticipation of getting to spend time with you and Hunter and just soak up each precious moment that I have been blessed with you. You have been such an incredibly easy baby and such a fun and adventurous toddler. We cannot wait to see what the future holds. We love you more than you will ever know and we thank God EVERY day for blessing us with you.