Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rachel's baby shower

After a few days at home we loaded back up and headed back to Dallas for a 10 day stay. Our weekend started off with my childhood best friend Rachel's very first baby shower. The shower was originally suppose to be at her parents house but a few days before the shower she was placed on bedrest for preterm labor. We decided to bring the shower to her! Oh my talk about DEJA VU! As soon as I heard I texted her the picture of me at my first baby shower...on bedrest...with a contraction monitor. I jokingly said welcome to the exclusive club of being on bed rest at your baby shower!

Seeing her with her little monitor on just brought me right back to 3 years ago. Hard to believe its been that long!
This was me at my shower 3 years ago...crazy (we are even covering up with the same blanket..which we both own in different colors)
The shower went really well. Drew opened all the presents while Rachel and watched.
A lot of her close friends and family were able to come and she and Drew got a lot of great things for Cayden!

The one time she got up the whole shower...to talk to her nurse
All the hostesses
The guys enjoyed fishing in their pond during the shower
We could not be more excited for Rachel and Drew. They are going to be such great and loving parents. We know Rach is in great hands and we are praying that Cayden waits a few more weeks (she is 32 weeks now) to make his entrance. Until then Rach is hangin' out on bed rest. Since we are here for the week I am excited that I will get to go spend some extra time with her since she isn't able to work right now...thinking only of the positive... bed rest stinks but hey I get to see my friend! :)
Love you guys!

1 comment:

Christine said...

aww! I'm so glad you posted about her shower! These pictures are great! Bless her heart! We will be praying for her! Have fun getting to hang out with her this week! Tell her I said hello!