Monday, February 14, 2011

Chicago

This past weekend me and 5 of my girlfriends went on a girls trip to Chicago! This was a much anticipated long awaited trip. We actually wanted to do it last year but the timing never worked out. We had so much fun that we were already planning our next girl trip location before this one was even over!

This was my first time to leave Madison overnight but since she was going to be with Jordan it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I left him with plenty of milk in the fridge and freezer and he and the kids had a fun weekend at home too!

We are in the process of packing and moving back to Houston while we wait out the NFL lockout (who knows how long that will take) and then eventually free agency to find out where our next team will be. So since we have no idea how long it will take until football resumes we need to be in Houston (in our home) while we wait so Jordan can train with his guy here and stay prepared for free agency, whenever that may be.

It was very hard to imagine leaving for a girls weekend when my house was in boxes and I had a POD in the driveway that needed to be loaded. I rushed around as much as possible to get to a stopping point that I was ok with leaving. Jordan assured me that no ground would be lost while I was gone and kept encouraging me to just go and enjoy the time away! He's such a good husband :)

We all arrived at various times on Friday. Sara and I arrived in the morning, Rachel, Amy and Kristen in the early afternoon and Dre just before dinner. We checked in to our hotel, dropped our bags off and immediately hit Michigan Ave shopping.

Sara and I were there for lunch on Friday and we walked over to Giordano's for some Chicago style pizza....AH-MAZING.
After lunch we shopped some more until the rest of the girls arrived. I was actually on a hunt for 3 dresses, for a wedding the next weekend, and I bought 2 in my first hour of shopping (both at an incredible discount by the way). By the time everyone arrived we went to Gibson's steakhouse for dinner before heading to the comedy club.

The next morning we slept in and went to Yolk for breakfast. It is the number 1 rated restaurant in Chicago, out of thousands, so we were pretty excited! It was VERY good and the portions were VERY large!

After brunch we hit the town shopping some more. We shopped all day long and found such great deals that we looked like pretty woman on Rodeo drive x 6 with all our shopping bags! I so wish we had gotten a picture of all of us with all of our bags, the bellmen at our hotel seemed pretty entertained by it.

Amy, Me, Rachel, Sara, Kristen and Dre


Sara and Dre
Amy and Rachel
Sara and Amy
The weather could not have been more perfect. Chicago had a huge snow storm the week before we went so we were nervous about going but the days we were there it was perfect! Not too cold at all and all the snow was pushed into huge 4 foot piles on the side of the road and sidewalks.
We got a kick out of this
After a very full day we came back to the hotel and got ready for dinner and Les Miserable. We didn't have reservations anywhere so we ended up grabbing some sandwiches on our way to the show.


The show was VERY LONG...3 hours but the production was amazing
The next morning we went to Grande Lux Cafe for brunch and we talked about where and when our next trip will be...a spa in Arizona? The wine country in northern California? horseback riding through the mountains of Colorado? To be determined!

I arrived back home late last night and wanted to wake up my babies and snuggle them, I missed them so much. I had fun hearing stories from Jordan of what they did while I was gone. I was impressed that Jordan actually took them both to their well visits at the pediatrician while I was gone...the Doctor and nurses were impressed to! Taking both kids to the Doc alone is not an easy task! I am so thankful to Jordan for giving me this much needed weekend away with girlfriends to recharge! In the midst of packing and preparing to move across country in a few days it was hard to imagine leaving a house full of boxes and a long to do list but it was soooooo worth it! Thanks babe!

I should mention...there was still plenty of ground covered in the packing department while I was gone. Jordan was quite the multitasker!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are the 2nd one of my girlfriends to take a girls weekend to Chicago in the past month or so and I must say, I wanted to go after hearing about the first friends trip, now I REALLY want to take a trip to Chicago :)! Looks like SO much fun and a great time with girls!! Good for you! So glad you were able to go & enjoy yourself.