Monday, September 27, 2010

Beekah

Aunt Beekah came to visit this weekend and go to the Jags/Philly game. She came in for a nice long weekend that started Friday afternoon and sadly ended today (Monday). Hunter was SO excited to see her. When he woke up from his nap on Friday, she was already here, and I went upstairs to get him and he yelled "Beekah, I wanna go see her!!!"

We took the kids to the beach a few times




Hunter loved having Beekah here to play with him

They played in the waves (something I can't do when I take them alone because I can't leave Madison unattended!)


They did crafts together or as Hunter calls it (craps)
Interesting story about this. Hunter goes to Mother's morning out 2 mornings a week for 3 hours while I go to my women's bible study. Last year we just had a babysitter come keep all of our kids and it was a nice built in playdate for the kiddos. But this year we have WAY too many kids for one babysitter so we decided to do Mother's morning out instead. Madison just stays at home with our babysitter so she can get her morning nap in but Hunter LOVES and I mean LOVES going to "school" as he calls it. He gets to play with other kids his age just like he did last year at bible study. They have a structured schedule that includes crafts for 30 min. I came to pick him up one day and his teacher asked me if we had a craft box. I thought that it was a strange and random question but she said "well if you don't you really should really consider getting one because Hunter is OBSESSED with crafts". Apparently, he is the one kid that bugs them all morning about getting the craft box out and when they split up into groups of 3 to rotate doing the crafts Hunter wants to be in every group. He hovers over each group until its his turn. She said they have to hide the box because as soon as Hunter sees it that's all he talks about until they start the project for the day. So, I went to target and got a bunch of supplies from the dollar section and we pulled the craft box out this weekend while Beekah was here. Hunter LOVED it. We do it for a little bit each day and I too have to hide the box when it's not in use :-)
I think it's safe to say he inherited his daddy's artistic ability because this is a pretty darn good drawing of a truck....for a 2 year old!
Hunter ADORES his aunt Beekah
Madison is always so happy. She found her feet a few weeks ago so she has a permanent toy attached to her at all times
She is sitting up so well these days!
Love this face


daddy's little girl
she is growing up so fast!
Getting sweet kisses from aunty. I could just squeeze those little cheekies!

Hunter feeding the fish after dinner

Game day gooooooo daddy! Madison is wearing her new dress that I had made by a lady here in Jacksonville

Rebekah and I before the game. We had to get a picture before we got all sweaty and hot!
We rode with the McCowns to the game and Jonah, their 5 year old, grew an attachment to Rebekah. He wanted to hold her hand the whole day.


So sweet
Jordan and Rebekah after the game

It's always so good to have Rebekah here. Our kids just adore her and she LOVES them to death.

She is such a good Aunty

Hunter bawled his eyes out when we dropped her off at the airport. He was SO sad to see her go. It was really hard to see because he seriously ADORES her. I had to try to distract him with a promise of chocolate milk from Chick Fila just so he wouldn't cry the whole way home. When we dropped Rebekah off at the airport today we actually picked up Sara and Jax at the same time for a week of fun!

No comments: