Friday, June 18, 2010

6 weeks old

The time is going by so fast I can't keep up! Madison is 6 weeks old and just hit a MAJOR growth spurt. I have read about the infamous 6 week growth spurt but did not experience it, at least to my knowledge, with Hunter. I was completely blindsided by this one! Madison went from having to be woken up for about 90% of her meals every 3 hours during the day and sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night to being ravenous every 1.5-2 hours round the clock for 4 days! She was insatiable! Waking every 1.5-2 hours to eat! This was the first time she was born that she did not sleep at least a 4 hour stretch at night. Needless to say I was pretty worthless for those 4 days...E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D! But just like the experts will tell you what followed was 2 days of nonstop sleeping! She slept through the night the next night from 9:30p-7am. I tried getting her to eat at 4am when heard her grunting and wrestling around but she wouldn't wake up to eat. When I picked her up I noticed she had completely soaked thru her diaper onto her pj's so after a quick change (which she didn't even wake up for) she was back down till 7am. The next night she slept 8 hours from 6:45p-4am then ate for 5 min at 4am and went back down until 8am. I even tried waking her for her 9:30p feed and she wasn't having it! I am curious to see if this is a new pattern or just the sleepy end of the growth spurt. Either way I definitely needed those past 2 nights after that crazy eating binge she had! Oh and she gained a whole pound in just 6 days. She weighs 10 pounds 4 ounces now!

She fell asleep eating last night and daddy just couldn't put her down.

Little buddy loves to hold her. He will come up to her, arms held out, and say "come here Madison"
Getting a bath from daddy. She LOVES baths
The tail end of her tummy time...she got tired and Hunter asked me if he could snuggle Madison


more tummy time
I thought this looked funny she reached up and placed her hand under her bottle and held it for a few minutes...of course totally by accident but still weird looking!
Trying to check herself out in the mirror
more snuggles with daddy
little buddy found a new place to hang out while I feed Madison. He also likes to climb up here while she is getting her diaper changed....gets a little crowded!

We met up with some old friends, Jeff and Sarah Thompson, for dinner last night. They were passing through Jacksonville on their way to Disney. The last time we all were together was when Hunter and Ashley were just tiny babies! Hunter had just been born and Ashley, was 7 months old. Last night they hit it right off like they were longtime friends. When it was time to go they kept giving each other hugs, so sweet. I should mention Hunter NEVER gets to play with girls. Every single friend he has in Jacksonville is a boy. It was really fun to see him interact with a girl. He was really sweet! It was so good to see them, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of us all, but they have a new little one, Stella, as well! She is 8 months old and so precious!


No comments: