Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Girl

Okay I think I am finally convinced. This is now the 3rd ultrasound showing it's indeed a girl. I finally FEEL like it's true! It helps that this is a really good shot too.
WARNING MEN...If you don't want to read all the details of my appointment...stop here :-) I am going to post them because I want them for my own record and for anyone that is curious, but I know some words guys just really don't want to hear or talk about :-)

I had another appointment today with the perinatologist, who I see every other week for cervix measurements. This time though, because of the Mexico trip I had 3 weeks with no check. I was nervous because the contractions were very FREQUENT and uncomfortable this week. I was pretty anxious about this appointment. BUT everything looks good! My cervix did shorten quite a bit from the last time but I am still in the safe range!

In other good news the complete placenta previa moved and is now only marginal placenta previa, in only 3 weeks! That is so awesome considering I am not even halfway there yet. It only has to move a tiny bit more and I can be off of pelvic rest and hopefully not have to have a c-section! That was so exciting to find out!

The only other thing they need to keep an eye on is the fact that under pressure (when I stand, lift, strain whatever) my cervix funnels a bit, or dilates from the inside. That's not ideal but it's so small right now compared to how much it did with Hunter that I am not worried about it at this time. It's just another thing they will keep an eye on for the next couple of months. With Hunter my cervix was funneling really really bad while just resting and not doing anything so either way I am better off right now, than I was with him.

We are so excited to be having a baby girl. I can't wait to see her with her daddy. I will leave you with a profile pic of our baby girl, at 18 weeks 6 days. She looks so snuggly :-)
P.S. We are working on her name and hope to make the announcement soon!

1 comment:

Jes said...

Congrats on the girl!!! I know what you mean about not believing it, after 2 boys I still couldn't believe I was having a girl until she came out even though they gave me a 99.9% she's a girl :) You will have so much fun dressing her!