Saturday, October 10, 2009

Catch up

I am really far behind so I will attempt to play catch up in the next few posts.

We moved last week only about 30 minutes away this time as opposed to 13 hours last time. We love the house so far and the space that comes with it, but mostly we love the proximity to the beach. The beach has become Hunter's new "park" although it's quite scary how fearless he has become in the water, mostly the waves. It is a great way to let him burn off his energy in the mornings and usually results in a nice long 3.5 hour afternoon nap.

Before we moved out we got a picture of our night time view of downtown from our condo
I was pretty nervous about the moving day because a lot of things had to happen in a very short time period and the majority of it was done in the morning when I was alone with Hunter. Doesn't sound bad considering we had movers but if I gave you a rundown of everything that was scheduled to happen that day you would see why I was nervous. The morning was JAM packed starting at 8:30am I was up bright and early at 5:00am packing the remaining boxes. The movers showed up to move them all and the crazy morning began. I was so happy when I got the call from mom that her flight had landed and she was on her way with lunch...whew sigh of relief, and also great because after lunch is nap time for Hunter which meant we could get TONS of things accomplished.

The move was pretty seamless. Everything worked out according to plan. It was nice to have mom in town help us get settled in the new house since it takes twice as long to do things with a toddler at foot undoing everything as fast as we can get it done. She was a big help, it was like having two of me around. Pretty much everything went off without a snag.

Well sort of...

When the movers finished loading up our boxes that morning, from the condo, I went back in one last time to get my frozen/cold foods out of the fridge to take down to the car and lock up the apartment one last time. I was by myself with Hunter and needed to load the entire contents of my fridge onto the cart for my final trip down to the car. I loaded it up and pushed the cart to the elevator (20 feet from the condo) and went back to double check that I had locked the door turned out the lights etc. Somewhere during my 20 foot walk back to the condo my worst nightmare did finally happen. If you need a rundown of what is possible in the scenario I am about to give you then just click here. The elevator managed to come to the floor at the exact moment I reached my condo door (apparently Hunter was not walking with me anymore and had gone back and pushed the button). Just as I reached the condo door I heard the elevator ding indicating the door was opening. I raced back to the elevator as fast as I could just in time to see the elevator door close, this time with Hunter on board.


***PANIC*** as the list of horrible scenarios went through my head at lightening speed. I pressed the button 27 times to ensure the elevator would indeed come back and get me. But where do I even begin once I get on the elevator? There are 38 FLOORS! I was FREAKING OUT.

About 45 seconds (longest 45 seconds ever) went by before the elevator came back to my floor and the doors opened. Much to my surprise Hunter was still on the elevator! Woohoo!

Apparently it pays to know the staff because the first stop the elevator made was to pick up a maintenance guy that Hunter and I see everyday on our morning trip to lobby for coffee and mail. He is so friendly and loves to see Hunter everyday. As soon as he got on the elevator and saw Hunter alone he made sure Hunter stayed on with him and brought him back to our floor (Hunter did try to get off but he managed to keep him on board). WOW that was a close one. The angels were watching over him that's for sure. So we squeaked by on that one and didn't even keep the movers waiting, since they were already en route to the house when this happened, had I actually gone "looking" for Hunter it could have been FOREVER before I found him and drove out to the house to let the movers unload.

The rest of the week was pretty low key. Few trips to the beach here and there. Hung out with Nana until the Black's and Bennett's came in town for the home game that weekend. We had a great time hanging out, as usual, and enjoyed a great win on Sunday against the Titans.

Hunter and "Beekah"

Hunter and Nana
Hunter and Papa

The Black's and Bennett's at the game

Offensive line taking a breather on the bench

Jordan is blocking (left #78) on the big screen replay

Look for more posts coming up I am not quite done playing catchup!


Holly said...

I am SO excited to see this update!! You have been on my mind a lot the past week as I was noticing you a bit absent from FB & blogville. I knew you had lots going on, though, and were trying to get settled into your new home. Sounds like you are enjoying the house and especially the proximity to the beach...sounds AWESOME!!! I am glad that things went smoothly. Missing you guys!!

Amber said...

Its so exciting to see Jordan on the field again. Robbie and I can't wait for our trip out there next month to see the game and checkout your new house. We miss you guys!