Thursday, September 3, 2009

Putting down roots

Those of you who know us well know that the last thing we thought we would ever say today would be "sure we'll stay in Jacksonville another 3 years"...

This year was set out to be a rebuilding year for Jordan coming off his injury and all the shenanigans with the Texans. We really had low expectations for staying in Jacksonville after they decided to get not 1 not 2 but 3 very high status tackles in the off-season. Well Jordan showed up and played his heart out the past few months and had the best camp he has had in 7 years and it has paid off. It amazes me how God answers prayers in some of the most amazing and unexpected ways. If you asked us yesterday what we though our options would be today we would not have even thought up a contract extension to stay in Jacksonville another 3 years...

He signs today at 2:00pm

8 comments:

brianandlauren said...

Congrats you guys!! That's very exciting...even though now I know I will never see you!! :(

Patricia Niswanger said...

What an answer to prayers...you never know what the good Lord has in store! Miss ya'll!

Rebecca said...

Yay! That's great news!!! Enjoy Jacksonville! I wish I could move to FL...I have SO many friend there, and it is SO pretty!! :)

Heather said...

What great news. That is exciting!

meaghan briscoe said...

Glad to hear your not moving to Seattle like you dreamed, but wished it was KC. What an answer to prayers for Jordan to do so well in Jacksonville. Miss you all.

Chad and Lindsey Eason said...

That is so exciting Ashley - Tell Jordan congratulations for us! Hmmm...is there a good coffee shop out your way?! We have got to get together and visit!

Holly said...

Just back in town & catching up on blogs. I know I already posted on FB, but I just wanted to say again just how excited we are for you guys! You have been so patient and worked so hard, you deserve it!! Congrats!!

Cassie Channell said...

I am a little late posting but this is AWESOME!! Congrats you guys!!

Oh, and thanks for the tips on flying. I am pretty sure that either all 4 of us or at least one of the kids and I will be going so it is great to have some idea of what will work!