Monday, August 17, 2009

Sweet Boy

The day will come when I am no longer aloud to discuss these things publicly so I am going to take my opportunity while I have it!

Ever have one of those days you wish you could just press pause? I wish I could press pause on this whole phase Hunter is in right now. I am not one of those people who wants to go back in time to how it used to be. I love every phase for different reasons and while I miss the previous phases I don't wish for Hunter to go back to those phases because I love him so much exactly the way he is.

This morning I was watching Hunter play by himself across the room. He had no idea I was watching him because if he had he would have dropped what he was doing, run over to me and climbed on my lap. I watched him as he talked to himself and made sound effects as he pushed the dump trunk across the room and and over the pillows he had placed in his path on the floor. After a few minutes he looked over at me for a second and locked eyes with me. A sweet grin came across his face and he took his hand to his mouth and blew me a kiss and said "mmmmwhaaa". Then he went on playing. Melted my heart.

This afternoon I put him down for his nap and said "night night, I love you Hunter". To which he replied "love you momma" (sounded like la ya momma). Then later in the pool he jumped off the side into my arms and with his arms around my neck planted a big sloppy kiss right on the lips. I tell you it doesn't get much sweeter than this!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isn't it beautiful?!?! I swear, I have moments where it all is just too much! The love I feel for B is overwhelming at times, and moments like these melt my heart! That is SO sweet! I CANNOT WAIT until B says that he loves me! :)

Heather said...

So sweet. I want a little momma's boy. I guess I will have to settle for the little ladies in my house. At least they like me and will give me kisses.

Cassie Channell said...

I jumped over from Webmd and read this and had flashes of the last few days with Wyatt. He hasn't yet said he loves me but I CAN'T wait!! Too cute!

Becky said...

Yes, that is the best! I miss him already.

Tanya said...

I came here from webmd as well and this is so cute. I can't wait for the day Eric says "love ya momma"...I keep waiting...lol.

Sara said...

Awww, that is precious. Little boys have such a way with melting their Mommy's heart!

Sarah W. said...

Oh my goodness, SOOOOO sweet!!!! I can see why you want him to stay this age forever :)

Amber said...

That is adorable, I love these kind of posts. Give him kisses from us, we miss you guys.