Thursday, April 2, 2009

Choose your battles

Ever since Hunter has been able to open the doors life has change quite a bit in our house. If I take my eyes off him for one second (okay more like 5 seconds) I am sure to find him in one of the following situations...and yes each of these happen at least once a day. If you know anything about me you know how obsessive I am about the house being clean. Let's just say I have to pick my battles now.

If he happens to make it into the bathroom he usually goes straight for the toilet paper roll. It either gets completely unrolled all over the floor or he eats it...I know strange.
Then he climbs in the tub and usually turns the water on...sometimes it's the hot water...oops.
Or he goes straight for his favorite cabinet (the one with all of mom's products) and procedes to empty out each drawer...I caught him early on this one, it's usually about 5 times the mess.

Then of course there is the laundry room. HE LOVES pulling all the laundry out of the dryer and spreading it all over the floor. Here he somehow managed to pull the clean clothes out of the dryer and mix them with the dirty clothes in the hamper on the floor. Wonderful.
i

Oh and let's not forget about mom's drawers in her bedroom. Here has emptied out only 2 of them (not too bad)
Oh the closet. So many shoes and drawers, so little time before mom catches me. Again I caught him early on this one he had not yet made it to the shoes you see in the back of the closet...those usually get pulled down as well. But if you look closely you can see his little legs back there. He was caught just in time.


This is another dangerous one because of all the dishes in the dishwasher his favorites are the silverware which usually get THROWN behind him (and I can't always be sure there won't be a steak knife or two in amongst the silverware. So far I have always caught him in time.


Here has has removed the trashcan from it's designated location (in the cabinet) and has proceeded to climb in to the cabinet. This is the only bottom cabinet in the entire kitchen that does not contain his toys. I figured since the "rental" kitchen isn't fully stocked I can just let him have the cabinets.



Instead of pulling the toys out of the trunk to play with him he just gets in the trunk...saves time.

There you have it a very small glimpse into my new daily routine :)

7 comments:

Patricia said...

This is hilarious!!!!

Mary~Momathon said...

I have pictures of my daughters doing the exact same things!

My daughter found a box of bandaids that I bought at Sams Club, you know, there are at least a thousand bandaids in a warehouse store package. They were ALL over the bathroom! Joy!

Good luck keeping up! Love the photos!

Heather said...

At least he looks cute doing it.

meaghan briscoe said...

That is hilarious! Is this what I have to look forward to with a little boy?

Miss you guys!

BrookeMahan said...

OMG this is hysterical! These pictures are absolutley PRICELESS! I need to meet this little rascal ASAP! :)

Holly said...

oh dear! So this is what I have to look forward to, huh?!?! I'd better start resting up now!

Amber said...

You tell the stories so well I feel like I'm watching him do it. I love it and I can't wait to see you guys in a few days!