Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The effects of driving on drugs

This is the car of the man who thought it was a good idea to drive under the influence of drugs

This is the car that was in front of him...he rear-ended this car and the lady had to be cut out of it.This is my car which was hit as a result of the drugged up guy rear-ending the car pictured above.
He was arrested and taken to Jail for DUI of drugs

Jordan and Papa Dwayne (Jordan's dad) left around 12:30 today to begin the 14 hour journey to Jacksonville, FL. About 3 hours into the trip my car met the lady's truck which was hit by the drugged up man. Thank GOD no one was injured...not even the lady who was cut out of her truck. They were delayed a few hours but decided my car was still okay to drive, even though Dwayne has to get in through passenger side door...because the Driver door is jammed shut. The side air-bags did deploy and the seatbelt isn't working as usual, but it does snap so they are pressing on!

Hunter and I fly out in the morning for Jax and we should be arriving around the same time as the boys. Needless to say there were some angels watching over them today.

7 comments:

heather said...

good gracious! that's awful! so glad no one was hurt! pray y'all have a safe flight!

Meagan said...

Yikes! Glad everyone is ok.

Sarah W. said...

Thats HORRIBLE, but so glad everyone is ok. What a scary thing, but you are right that God was protecting them.....it could have been way worse.

I love your car, by the way :). I saw a car like your old one and wondered what your mom car is....good choice :). But seeing your car made me think about the summer of 2005 when we used to lay out at your place. So fun!!!

Becky said...

I am so sorry. Angels, indeed! That had to be very scary for them. Amazing that no one was hurt. Is your car fixable?

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad that everyone is ok! It seriously gets under my skin that people are so careless of others that they will intentionally endanger the lives of completely innocent people for their addictions. Disgusting. I am glad that nobody was hurt and the police caught the loser! :)

Christine said...

Wow! How scary! It is amazing that no one was hurt.. so thankful that they were protected. It's amazing how reckless people can be by not only using but getting behind the wheel!

Mary~Momathon said...

I'm so glad you are all ok! So scary!