Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cake smash

With Hunter's first birthday fast approaching (this Thursday) we had my sister photograph his one year session and his cake smash this week while we are in Dallas. The session started off great before the cake was brought out. We got a few in his new little chair that he got from us for his birthday and then a few shots with KC (one of his favorite things)...

So far so good...
Ok mom I have had enough of that... Ok now I'm just mad Oh...KC!! Ok now I'm happy againLet's try something new
Now for the cake. Hunter wasn't quite sure about it. He has never been given the freedom to dive into something like this and on the ground for that matter...so I think he was a bit confused as to what to do with it. So instead of eating it he just tried to get it off his hands

Ok I'll give it a taste
Ok I'm done...no more pictures please (meltdown begins)
He crawled right over the cake and tried to get away
So we moved to the bathtub for cleanup...and his mood quickly lightened again
Our big 1 year old...what a cutie

Photos courtesy of Meagan Block Photography

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

SOOOOOO cute!!! HOW did you manage to keep the hat on his head?!? :) Such a big boy!! :) Happy Birthday Hunter!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday (early, I know) to Hunter. You are such a cute little guy and I am sure the ladies will be lined up for you when you get older. The pictures were great. We are doing the cake ones soon.

BrookeMahan said...

Oh Ashlie these pics are just amazing!! Your sister is so talented and I wish I lived by her so I could have her do Owen's photos!! I love them all Hunter is just so precious, his eyes are stunning! Happy Birthday Hunter!

Amber said...

Hunter, it was wonderful to spend your birthday weekend with you. It wont be long and Kaitlyn will be fighting you for a piece for that cake. Great to see all of you and we look forward to many more birthday parties ahead. Happy 1st little guy. We love you!

Chad and Lindsey Eason said...

Ashley - these pics are great! Isn't it fun to celebrate those "firsts"...each one is so special! Loved the upclose pics of him in the cake. Looking forward to meeting up with you once ya'll arrive here in Jax!

Holly said...

What a handsome big 1 year old you have! These pictures are priceless!! I love them! I was wondering where you got his chair? Is it from PB kids? I want to get Addison one of those chairs for her 1st bday and have been asking around where people get them. So far, PB Kids is the consensus. Let me know! Hope you all are doing well. Happy 1st Birthday to Hunter!!!

AshleyJ said...

Okay..the one photo where you can just see his right eye and the cake on his face is to die for! I wish we could have been there. We miss you guys tons.

Tiger and DeAndria said...

Your sister did an awesome job with the photos!! How fast time flies, I can remember when I first met you and you were just telling us all that you were pregnant. We will definitely miss you guys!!!