Friday, October 3, 2008

Welcome to the club

I knew the day would come that I would have to take my son outside and hose him down...didn't really expect it to be today.

To all you veteran mom's who have "Been there, Done that", well kudos to you. I will now join you in your elite club and we can all say remember when!

The word is BLOWOUT! I mean up to the hairline in the back on his head, across his entire back, shoulder blade to shoulder blade, filled a stage 4 diaper and then some kind of BLOWOUT. How does this happen? Is this even possible? YES it is.

My only option, once I discovered the damage that had been done to him and his adorable new outfit he was wearing for the first time, was to take him in the backyard and hose him down. He thought it was a game and laughed the whole time as I attempted to keep my composure and my breakfast down.

Now about the outfit...it was a onesie and had to go over his head. Hindsight is 20/20... I should have just cut it off him with scissors....but instead it went over the head only spreading the mess even further...oh the mess I just cleaned up...I wish it upon no one!! And to all the mom's who have been before me and those after, this is no easy job!

On a brighter note, after discovering the diaper and putting him down for a nap, I did my daily round in the blog world and discovered that my hubby wrote a really sweet blog in the middle of the night last night called Pride and Humility. He doesn't usually write on his blog...its all about random things and pictures, but I guess he had a "moment" last night. The best part is I just discovered it! That kinda makes me forget about the experience with the BLOWOUT.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of Hunter to update you with. We seemed to have misplaced the USB cord for our camera, we are sure it will show up any time now. Our video camera is out of battery and we left the power cord in Dallas...it is being mailed to us now. Otherwise, I would have posted a video of all that Hunter has been doing the past few weeks.

He crawls in the true conventional way now....he's technically been mobile since he was 6 months old when he figured he could do a combination of scoot, roll, sit pivot...sit pivot....sit pivot, army crawl, scoot, roll, sit pivot....sit pivot....sit pivot, army crawl until he got where he wanted to be. But I guess he decided to give the old conventional way a try now. He only does the conventional crawl when he needs to be somewhere fast, his destination is almost always a couch or leg that he can pull up on because he would much rather be standing than anything. I usually find him standing in his crib when he wakes from naps or when I put him down for a nap and he decides its play time. The problem with that is mom isn't there in the crib to help him get down from standing so he goes down hard and cries for a minute because it scares him...making that nap just a little harder to accomplish. He also tries to stand up without holding on to anything. He will be in the middle of the room with nothing around him and he just gets up on one knee and one foot and uses his arms on the floor to try to stand. I know he will figure out soon that its much easier to stand on his own if he will first pull up on something and then just let go, but he is just bound and determined to get up alone I guess.

Hopefully I can capture some good footage for you when we get the power cord or camera cord! To those interested, we are back in Houston now and Hunter is back on his sleep schedule...our sanity returns!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Now that is hilarious...since I'm not the one that had to deal with it!

Alison said...

It's funny because as I was reading this, I remembered back to a few blowouts I have had to deal with! Why are they always in that cute new outfit?! The joys of motherhood :-)

Adrianne said...

That first one is always to worst and most disgusting! Sounds like you are a pro at handling it though ;) Isn't it incredible when they are mobile?

BrookeMahan said...

Oh my I am sure I will experience this situation in time...we did have to throw a gown away a couple of weeks ago b/c he had a huge morning blowout up his back, etc. Ok so I almost just cried when I read Jordan's blog....