Friday, June 27, 2008

The time has come...

Nana and Pop came for the weekend for some much needed Hunter time. So, I decided this would be the perfect time for Hunter to sleep upstairs in his nursery instead of in the bassinet next to our bed. This arrangement worked great with muliple middle of the night feedings, but I always said that I would move him upstairs once he was sleeping through the night. 

Well, he has slept through the night for two months, but every time I tried to make the move, it made me too sad to think of him up there by himself.

So, with Nana and Pop in the next room, I put him in his nursery. He didn't even notice the change and slept for 11 hours, only waking up once for a bottle at 6am!

I, on the other hand, did NOT do so good. I woke up every 30 minutes to check the monitor. AND to make matters worse, the wonderful Angelcare movement monitor (which I highly recommend), that is designed to alert me if he stops breathing for more than 20 seconds, went off three times!!! Might I mention that it NEVER went off when he slept in our room. I, of course, freaked out, convinced that he wasn't breathing BECAUSE I had put him so far away from me...you know "mom guilt."

I will confess that after the third time, I made a little bed for myself on the floor of his room around 2am. Had I been thinking clearly I would have realized that I neglected to adjust the sensitivity on the monitor to account for the thickness of the crib mattress. I slept peacefully on his floor until he woke up at 6am to eat.

Hopefully tonight I can sleep in my own bed minus the "mom guilt."

So...since we were making such great strides we thought we would start solids today! Nana got to feed him his first bowl of cereal from a spoon. He loved it!
Here is a video of our big boy; he is growing so fast!

Ignore the background noise...we were making homemade ice cream
video

2 comments:

Holly said...

So precious! Your little boy is getting so big! I bet it was incredibly difficult to move him upstairs...hows it going now?? Good luck! You're a great mom!

Becky said...

I love this video!
Nana