Monday, May 19, 2008

3 months old

I love 3 months old. My precious baby is 3 months old today and I love this age. I have been so worried about losing my “newborn”, and I still don’t want him to grow so quickly, but what a fun age. It’s amazing the changes that occur between months 2 and 3. Things seem to work themselves out…sleeping is better (he sleeps through the night since 9 weeks). Eating is better (he is consistent and predictable). His noises (not cries because he never cries) have distinct meaning that I actually understand. He looks me right in the face and gives me the biggest gummiest smile which lets me know he loves me and knows who I am. He turns towards the sound of my (and Jordan’s) voice in a crowd (which also lets me know that he knows who we are). He wants to play after he has been fed and will sometimes play for 45 minutes to 2 hours (his favorite game is parrot…we mock his noises and he mocks ours he gets a big kick out of that one)!! He is a great traveler by car, car seat, plane and stroller…whether across the state of Texas or across the neighborhood for a morning walk. He loves to snuggle- but lets you know when he just wants to be left alone to look around. He LOVES to be outside and look around- you can just see the wheels in his head turning and taking it all in. He belly laughs at the silliest things. He wants to sit up all the time so he can look around-especially in his Bumbo chair. He LOVES his bath-time and I always feel a little guilty when it’s time to take him out and dry him off-but then he loves the lotion massage afterwards and the gigantic bottle that follows- so I feel less guilty.
I will say that my 14 pound 25 inch long baby boy is getting more difficult to hold and carry in his car-seat without some serious back pain/strain…but that’s parenting (with it comes back pain…right?). Loving every minute of it! It only gets better!




8 comments:

Patricia said...

Ash,

These pictures are great!!! We can't wait to see you in June...not too much longer!!!

Keep'em coming,
Patricia

Holly said...

Congrats on your 3 month old! I can't believe he is already 3 months! Where does time go? I think he still looks like his daddy, too. These pics were too cute. We can't wait to see you in June! Also, Congrats on your niece! I'm glad she arrived safe & sound.

Alison said...

He is getting so big! I just love his smile, too cute :-)

Sarah W. said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable!!! The one of Hunter and Jordan is precious!! Hunter is so cute.

It was great to talk(text) yesterday!!!

Zack said...

Cool! Looks like a happy and content baby. God bless! Peace.

Becky said...

Those blue eyes and that smile! Melts my heart. I can't wait to see him again.

Devion said...

PRICELESS! Just wait until 6 months (not that you want to rush things...)! :) Something about 6-9 months is just so fun! They are so interactive and such. I just love it! I know what you mean about bathtime. I always hate making Cassie get out. She's a little more vocal about not getting out, though. :)

Hope to see you next time you're here! I still haven't met the little guy! I'm set to be induced June 9th, so maybe they can meet each other.

Sean&BrookeMahan said...

Hunter is just adorable! I LOVE all these pictures....he has the sweetest smile and big blue eyes. I have to admit I think he looks a lot like his daddy :).