Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So much to say...

I know I have been a very bad blogger. In my defense Jordan started back to work and we have either been out of town or had company in town every weekend the last month...which means very little free time. Ok enough excuses! We have lots of catching up to do. This will take several posts.

First off, Hunter had his 2 month pediatrician visit. He got his first round of vaccinations, which he of course cried very hard, but I think it was harder on me than it was on him! He weighed 11 lbs 9 oz. and was 22.5 inches long. He went from the 20% percentile in height and weight at birth to the 75% in weight and 50% percentile in height in just 7 weeks!! He almost doubled his weight! His pediatrician was very pleased with his growth and head control. We discussed his eating/sleeping habits....the fact that he could not get full and would only sleep in 1 to 1.5 hour stretches and then cry out of hunger again!! I was not getting any sleep and running on fumes. That along with a few other symptoms, (hoarse voice, stuffy nose, constant spitting up) and she diagnosed him with reflux and put on antacids and told me to thicken his milk with rice cereal. Ever since he has been such a happy and satiated baby and is back to sleeping 3-4 hour stretches! This of course makes me very happy too!! The only sad part is our nursing days are over because he has to take a bottle with thickened milk so I have to exclusively pump my milk now and bottle feed him...which makes me sad.

Hunter also took his first road trip to New Orleans, he did so great!!! He had his first visit from his Great Grandmother Mary (Vivi's mom)and saw his great Grandmother/Grandfather Maxine and Harold again (Papa Dwayne's mom and her husband)...see pictures below. He also got to see Nana and Pop and Papa and Vivi again this month...which I don't have pictures of.

Hunter is growing up so fast. He smiles all the time and has given us a few belly laughs (which I LOVE). He is awake and alert so much more during the day but is still my little cuddle bug and just loves to be close or held. He is so laid back and even tempered and rarely cries or fusses. He is just perfect!!

More to come soon I promise!

Playing by himself


Napping with Daddy...too cute


Napping with Momma


Working on that head control


More head control...look how strong he is!


He wore himself out!


Hunter with Great Grandma Mary


Hunter with Great Grandma Maxine

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yay for a new post! It was so good to see you guys this weekend and to meet Hunter. He really is precious! Can't wait to see you again in June!

Devion said...

I agree with Holly! YAY for the new post! :) Sorry we missed you when you were in town. Looks like he's doing well and you've settled in to mommyhood. :)