Thursday, February 7, 2008

You know Jordan's bored when...

Offseason is typically a fun time for Jordan and I to do things together that we can't do during the busy football season. It is such a blessing! We usually spend our time hanging out together, bowling, seeing movies, hanging out with friends, TRAVELING everywhere and Jordan usually goes Hunting or out to the land daily to putz around. Well...since moving to Houston, and being put on bedrest, the circumstances have changed. There is no land for him to putz around on, there has been no bowling, no seeing movies, no traveling, no hunting and very little hanging out with friends. Jordan has spent all his time right by my side taking care of me... as he is nervous to leave the house for extended periods of time for fear that I will go into labor or have to get out of bed to get something for myself. So...you could say this has been a pretty boring and uneventful time for us both but especially for Jordan considering this is usually his "fun" time. So in order to keep himself occupied he has created "projects" for himself around the house. He is very "hobby" oriented, unlike me, and everyday is a new adventure or new "project". Most of you know that Jordan is very creative by nature and also has a very good but interesting sense of humor. Below are some highlights of his "projects" this offseason.

You know Jordan's bored when...

He plants one rose bush in the backyard in THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY and "checks" its progress daily...

He fertilizes the yard... even though we PAY a yard crew to come out weekly to do lawn maintenance (which includes fertilization)

He draws very strange pictures ALL day and emails or mails them to various friends with no return address or explanation. (look closely or you will miss the humor)

There's more...

Yes. There is a person inside the sandwhich "Hammer Toe"...this one needs no explanation if you've seen Jordan's feet

I'm not sure where the inspiration for this one came from...And of course the awesome toy chest for Hunter that he has spent weeks making, although this "project" is too cute!

Quick story about the toy chest...so in the process of making this chest Jordan has used numerous power tools along with all kinds of woods and stains to make it the masterpiece that it is. One day after working hours out in the garage he came in the bedroom and said... "Ash...'hypothetically speaking' would it be bad if I accidently shot a nail (with my nail gun) through the bone of my finger?" I said "hypothetically??" and he said "well...sort of" and he proceeded to show me his finger where he had "hypothetically" shot a nail THROUGH his finger!! I couldn't help but notice how proud he seemed that he had shot himself with a nail gun THROUGH is finger. I asked him if he was ok and he said "yeah, I feel like a MAN now, I just pulled a nail out of my bone". For the rest of the day he walked with his head a little higher and I kept "catching" him eyeing his prized finger.

Later that night, as he began drawing more pictures, I looked over to see that this was his latest drawing...a re-enactment of the day's earlier events, now recorded for all time.Even on bedrest...there's never a dull moment I tell you!

2 comments:

Holly said...

HA! I can SO see this! Especially after spending the weekend in Houston. This cracks me up.

Sarah W. said...

That is hilarious!! I can definitely see him doing all of that. It is cool that even this boring time will one day be looked back upon with fondness. It seems to be giving laughs already!